Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Roses...

I love roses. I grow roses. I think they appeal to me because they are so tantalizing to the senses. They look beautiful to the eye, they are so aromatic to my sense of smell, and their petals are so velvety soft to the touch. But roses need care, they need attention. I have to treat them correctly or they will be assulted by outside forces (pests/bugs), If I don't nourish them properly they'll wilt, and lose their beauty, if I mishandle them they can bruise or break and I also can get hurt, torn on the thorns...
Roses are a lot like relationships, aren't they? You pretty much get out of them as much as you're willing to invest. So if you have a relationship that isn't very appealing right now maybe you need to do some "gardening" before it wilts or dies. After all, you can't expect blooms without some labor of love...
Love is a lot like roses, come to think of it. It's no wonder I like roses...

No comments: