Thursday, March 21, 2013

Gripe Thursday...

It's "Gripe Thursday" and I have one to get off my chest... I got a letter in my mail today, from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, informing me that my new premium is going to be 29.43% higher, effective May 1st. Now this is on the heels of a price increase at the end of February, which would have increased my premium by over 13%, except that I opted for a higher deductible to absorb the cost. I've had no claims in over a year, and previous to that all were part of my deductible... So what do I get for my increase? I pay an outrageous deductible ($3500/yr), and that didn't go down. I don't have any extras, like maternity, or dental, oe eye glasses, so my coverage isn't any better. I get absolutely nothing for the obscene increase in my premium... A special shout out of thanks to Obamacare for making healthcare so affordable to all... I read a report of three seperate Congressional committees that found that once Obamacare is fully implemented in 2014 the average premium will be a little over 200% higher than today. Millions will be unable to afford this "affordable" healthcare...
I picked up my income taxes from my accountant and was surprised to find I was getting a refund! But after looking it over I found an error and we have to refile- and my accountant said he's sure I can kiss my refund goodbye... So to continue my gripe, I make less money than I have maybe ever made in my adult life, mainly because I have chosen to pay my help, my bills, and my vendors before myself. A special shout out to you Obama, for doing such a bang-up job on the economy... Here's a clue, you clueless idiot- if it hasn't worked for the last five years it probably isn't going to work your last three. Try something different. Here's an idea- quit spending taxpayer money like it's your own- because it's not! You're a lousy steward of my money...
So to recap- my utilities are up, my income way down, my property values so low they're in the dumpster, and now my health insurance way up... I guess I'll soon be out of the middle class and into the working poor- good news, 'cause then I'll be eligible for all of Obama's government handouts!
Food for thought...

No comments: