Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Children's Books I question...

As I am now a grandfather, soon to be four times over, I thought I should collect a few children's books for when I have visits from the grand-kids. Sure, I could get Bambi, Snow White, Jungle Book, and the other regular Disney stuff, but I wanted to be different so I've scoured the used book stalls for those unique or different ones. I'm thinking perhaps these titles are not the best for the grand-kids...

The Boy Who Died From Eating All His Vegetables
Fun 4-Letter Words to Know and Share
A Toddler's Guide to Hitchhiking
Dad's New Wife Robert
The Popup Book of Human Anatomy
Why Can't Mr. Fork and Mrs. Electrical Outlet Be Friends?
Pop Goes the Hamster- And Other Fun Microwave Games
Strangers Have The Best Candy
Your Nightmares Are Real
and, Daddy Drinks Because You Cry...

Perhaps those tried and true Disney stories are best after all...
Food for thought...

No comments: