Friday, June 01, 2012

My heart...

I ran across this poem, written some four years ago, in my drafts.
While it isn't necessarily relevant today I still thought it was pretty good poetry,
if I do say so myself... So I thought I'd share it...

I believe that love does play with the emotions of my heart
Seldom does it act the way that I believe is smart.
It binds my heart to someone who doesn't really care
Watching while my heart's ripped out, opened and laid bare.

Why does love choose to pierce my heart, why is it my fate
To fall in love again, again with one who won't reciprocate?
Is love so cruel , is life so cold, to enjoy my broken heart?
Is it better to love and lose, or better to never start?

There is no promise of happiness, no guarantee from above
That things will work out wonderfully if I fall in love.
All that promised, all that's sure, is that the chance for pain
Is an overwhelming certainty if I choose to fall in love again.

All I can say to the one I love, "You chose to run away,
I wish you weren't so afraid, and that you chose to stay.
To experience a depth of love that would carry to a new height
To learn how love doesn't have to hurt, how it could be so right".

No comments: