Sunday, February 25, 2007

My Muse... Where art thou?

There are many things that you inspire
But most of all, I think, desire
For those things you had back in your past,
That now are gone, that did not last.
True love, so pure, that filled your heart,
And that you hoped would never part,
The honesty that bound you tight
With that one you knew was right.
But most of all to regain that trust
With a man who is strong and just.

These are the things that I desire
To give to you, that you inspire.
Yet I can't give if you won't recieve,
Because for me to give you must believe
That my heart is pure, my motive true,
And that I only want the best for you.
To hold your heart with tender care,
and give you certainty that I'll be there
Whether times of joy, or facing trials,
I'll raise your spirits, I'll bring you smiles.

Yet with all the happiness I long to bring,
Or how much I want your heart to sing,
It will not happen, it cannot be
If you choose not to commit to me.
For as much as I want your kiss, your touch,
There is something else I want as much.
It's for you to hear that inner voice
That says I am your only choice.
That other options will no longer be
For your desire is to walk with me.

Far from perfect, I'm flawed and scarred
Sometimes insensitive, sometimes hard.
But there is a gift learned from above,
I know what it means to really love.
Now in my life there's something new,
It's that desire to love just you.
And yet again, I cannot give
Until you decide you want to live
Within my love, and further, yet,
Return my love with no regret.

No comments: