Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Memory Building...

You know, sometimes we are so blessed and just are too busy to slow down and appreciate it. I spent this past weekend with my extended family- twenty four out of twenty seven were there. My brother and three sisters, their spouses and kids, mom and dad, and my daughter and I all rented a lodge up near Devil's Lake, Wisconsin and just hung together. How rich the memories are, how they will warm the heart in days and years to come. That's what "now" is about, it's all about capturing those unforgettable moments in our hearts and minds so when we cannot any longer we still can through our memories...
There is another in my life now with whom I am beginning to build memories; laughing and enjoying each other's company while we learn to enjoy the mundane together. That's so important- learning to enjoy the mundane with another, for when the mundane becomes fun then everything in life can hold the promise of a good memory. We pull weeds together, and while weed pulling isn't necessarily fun doing it with another and enjoying the company makes it fun. Working around the house, putzing around the kitchen together (well, she cooks- I get in the way; but one day I'll cook for her- don't want to scare her off too soon!), going out and doing silly things, all today's memories to fuel the warmth of yesterdays in a life of tomorrows... Memories are beautiful, family is beautiful, my friend is beautiful- life is beautiful if we just slow down enough to recognize it...

No comments: