Monday, March 31, 2008

Pure Love...

I am lucky. I am loved, so deeply, so completely, and though there's ne'er been a word spoken that love is communicated so completely that I could never doubt it. I see it in the looks I get, I sense it in the very excitement to see me when we're apart, even though it's just a matter of hours, I feel it when that warm body snuggles up to mine, pressing to be as close as possible.

Sometimes I know I don't deserve such love, such adoration, for I can be moody, or get irritable, or short. Sometimes I'm neglectful, though not intentionally, but still... My love is imperfect, fragmented, sometimes selfish, certainly not the pure love I experience. I wish I could love like that, and indeed, I strive to, but the standard is so high. No matter how I act I am loved, I am forgiven, I am accepted. Never a complaint, never a reaction out of anger, just a constant acceptance of me for who I am.

So today I publicly acknowledge this love, and say "Thank-you" for allowing me to experience the depth of this love. Indeed, you are as close to me as anyone. you are my Friend and I appreciate you. Your heart is far bigger than your being, your capacity to love greater than the sum of your physicality. You are greater than your 3.5 lbs my Friend, and I love you too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buddy,
That was so precious and true!! I have three dogs myself that are always there too, loving me unconditionally, and always so happy to see me, whether I am gone ten minutes or ten hours....... At times however, because I have three hairy children, they can be overwhelming and very demanding of my attention, but in spite of their faults, esp the youngest, (I won't even share with you his negative qualities), they bring me immense joy and I feel grateful to have them in my family, because of their unconditional love for me.
To "us" and our loyal, wonderful pets! "Cheers!"

Anonymous said...

Buddy,
Isn't it neat how God gives us love sometimes right under our noses? But I wonder about what happened in your other relationship that you wrote about a month ago. Are you still hanging in there? I don't want to pry if you don't want to share but your writing sounded like you were in pain and I've wondered if you talked it out or stuffed it or just quit. I hope your doing ok and keep writing!

SB

Bud said...
This comment has been removed by the author.