Sunday, March 08, 2009

Spring Thunderstorm...

It's been a long time since I really enjoyed a good thunderstorm... I don't remember the last time I was not working, or sleeping, or otherwise too involved to just listen and enjoy and marvel at the majesty of a good thunderstorm... But today is that day, when I pause my movie and just enjoy the roll of thunder as a backdrop to the tinkle of the waterfall above my fireplace. How content is this, the water bubbling, the flames below dancing, Winston curled up asleep next to the hearth just drinking in the warmth, and thee occassional rumble of thunder to complete the picture... The only thing possibly missing is someone to snuggle up next to me, wanting to be held close as we enjoy Nature's symphony... I know she's out there somewhere; I wonder if she's making her own thunderstorm memory today also?

No comments: