Saturday, October 23, 2010

Thunderstorms...

It's raining tonight. Thunder, lightning, rain pounding off the house- it's been too long since it rained, and even longer since we've had a good thunderstorm. I've missed the thunderstorms... A lot of people don't care for rain, and even less for thunderstorms, but I love them. The sheer majesty, the raw power, and yes, even the danger are compelling to me, they draw me in and speak to that dark side of my soul that desires to give comfort, and companionship. It's almost like comfort and companionship are an affront to the storm, yet those are what my soul longs to give during the outrage of the storm...

It's these times, when I sit alone during the storm, that I miss a companion, someone to wrap my arms around, someone who wants to feel safe in the embrace of another... As the thunder rolls I look down at the end of the couch where Winston is curled up in a ball, sound asleep, no fear of the storm. Not even he needs me right now... I just can't catch a break...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But really if you think about it your aren't alone .....
the heart holds treasured memories of the most unforgettable relationships one has ever gone through. No matter what happened in that relationship to end it. It was special and gift from God above....No love so great should ever be forgotten or belittled. It was very real. It was intense and it was released...for whatever the reason. And above all LOVE is the Greatest! You were the other half of what some never experience.
You are lucky...Someone loved you and you have known love!

Bud said...

And I have given love, in every relationship I am in, for to give love is what God gives and desires of His children... And yet I am alone, so not so lucky today. I still can't catch a break!...

Anonymous said...

Catching a break is like God winking down on us..... its all in his timing.

In the meantime all one can do is live their life with a attitude of gratitude and stay positive in our actions and our words,

Gods plan for us is to have a beautiful and abundant life. And to share that life with another....

My prayer is that God winks on you soon.