Thursday, October 25, 2012

Remedial Math...

So I'm watching Jay Leno and the Tonight Show last night and President Obama was on. Because I was angry with myself I decided to punish myself by making me watch. At one point Leno asked the Prez questions pulled from Facebook and the audience. One question was, "When you help your daughters with their homework what subject gives you the most trouble?" Obama's answer was, "Math. When my daughter's were younger I had no problem. I was good up to about 7th grade. Now my oldest daughter is a freshman in high school and quite frankly, I'm lost".
Wow. Now perhaps it's just me, but when I keep hearing him say "The math just doesn't work" when criticisng Romney's economic plan perhaps it's because he has a remedial 7th grade math education.

 Yesterday Donald Trump offered $5 million to the charity of Obama's choice if he would release his passport and college transcripts. Of course Obama declined, for usually when someone works so hard to hide something there's usually something to hide. But now I wonder, did Obama not take him up on it because he's so poor in math and would have to ask for help counting the money?

I think even a remedial 7th grade math education should be able to grasp the concept of expanding the base to raise revenues.  Perhaps Mitt Romney needs to give him a visual aide:
Obama- 45% of 1,000,000 = $450,000 in tax revenue.
Expand the base by lowering taxes and giving business an incentive to invest and spend-
Romney- 20% of 10,000,000 = $2,000,000.

Mr President, based on an economic model where the base is expanded you would receive over 4x the revenue with less than half the tax rate. It's called Economic Growth.
Food for thought...

No comments: