Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Perfect Sleep Tonic...

It is late- or rather early in the wee hours of morning, and I am finally getting tired enough to sleep. I"ve been having trouble some nights falling asleep, especially since Winston passed on, but tonight seems especially difficult. And yet I feel blessed too, for the past several hours I've enjoyed a fantastic thunderstorm, with savage lightning and rolling thunder accompanying the steady rain... There's something majestic, regal, about a thunderstorm- raw and powerful, aqnd often captivating.
Now, with the storm finally moving on it's time for Kenny G, a little smooth jazz, and the sounds of the rain and receeding thunder- a perfect tonic for me to fall asleep to. Good night all- I'll write more another day- today's been a long day.

No comments: