Friday, July 15, 2011

Three Wishes- The great "What if"...

I was thinking today, what if I found an Aladin's Lamp and a genie were to grant me three wishes? Would I ask for wealth, or fame, or long life?  Are there parameters, or consequences attached to a Genie's lamp?

I think, if I were granted three wishes, any three wishes, my first would be to to have someone to love and be loved unconditionally, as Jesus loved and taught us to love. This would be the greatest wish, for it would greatly enhance my understanding of God, for we are taught that God is love.

My second wish would be for peace, for all my life I've lived in a world of wars and warfare, of terrorists and fear. Peace would be a welcome relief and a comfort. All in all, a great second wish.

My third wish, of course, would be for three more wishes...

No comments: