Thursday, October 17, 2013

Jigsaw Puzzles...

It's been a stressful week- and sometimes I don't handle stress all that well. I forget that there's a higher power that is in control, that I can rely on Him to deal with my stressful situations. Instead, I tend to carry it all myself and internalize until I find it affecting my life habits, my sleep...

This morning, driving into work, I had a genuine moment of lucidity, where I was able to actually see the big picture. I'm much more of a big picture person than a minute detail type but my job often requires me to be very detailed. Hence, I tend to get caught up in the details and forget what the big picture is all about. Life is not just about the details- they are secondary to the big picture, yet they are also an integral part of getting the big picture right, for if we get the details wrong it can skew the big picture...

Our lives are like a big jigsaw puzzle and the details are the pieces. As we try to get the pieces [details] together right we begin to get an idea of the overall picture. But sometimes we get stuck in an area, and we work and stress and flounder trying to complete it when it is far more beneficial to just pull back and examine the big picture. Does it look right so far? Is there another area that would benefit from our attentions? If so, leave the stressful area and work on another area of your picture [life]. Sooner or later something will break and you'll find the piece you've been missing. (It's called "All in God's time") and your troubled area will be alleviated... And in the end you'll have a picture all your own- a picture that is your life, in all  it's troubled, ragged beauty...
Food for thought...

No comments: