Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Vulnerability...

Sometimes I wonder if a broken heart can ever heal
from those pains and heartaches of days gone by.
For a thought or memory can suddenly make me feel
the stab of betrayal, or the hurt of past lies.

Do I seek shelter in the midst of the emotional squall
Withdrawing behind walls built to shore up my heart
Or do I choose to step out and answer life's call
And take the chance that life won't tear me apart.

If I withdraw behind the walls I may as well surrender
For my heart has been laid siege by the pain of my past
Which seeks to destroy and lay future hope asunder
What hope can hope to stand against such pain that lasts?

And yet there is a hope that can vanquish such a pain
and send it deep into the miry depths of futility
And with that hope we can live and love again
And what do I call this hope? It's name is Vulnerability.

No comments: