Sunday, April 01, 2007

My Daily Choice...

On the morrow the sun will rise
A new day greets my sleeping eyes.
Tomorrow a new day is born
how will I celebrate my new morn?

Each day we are given a gift of life
do I make it fun or full of strife?
If I just plod through I waste my day,
each day I need that time to play.

Each morning when I first awake
There is a choice that I must make
To honor God and live abundantly
Or my way which is redundantly.

Father,
Thank-you for each day that you give, for the gift of your creation. Let me marvel in your sunrise, and be awestruck by your sunset. Amaze me with the new buds, the flowering trees, the richness of the grasses that green overnight. Let the music of your creation fill my soul, the robin, the lark, the geese... Let my spirit drink in the beauty of all you've given. Please let me intentionally recognize your glory. Whisper to my heart to slow down and enjoy my life, and let me be aware of your whisper.
Amen.

No comments: