Saturday, June 25, 2011

WINSTON...

Today is a most difficult day for me, for I bid farewell to my best friend...
WINSTON, 2005-2011
Winston was laid to rest Saturday, June 25th, 2011, after battling a long terminal illness. Although only given 2-10 months to live in early March, 2010, through his courageous heart and indomitable spirit, Winston battled his illness for over 15 months, finally succumbing to the deteriorating effects of that illness. Because his quality of life and ability to function had deteriorated so severely it was clear that it was his time.
Winston was much loved and touched hearts everywhere he went, and with everyone he met. He was intelligent and understanding far beyond the scope of normal dogs, and the size of his heart belied his stature. Winston will be long remembered and greatly missed. No matter how poor my mood, or what I’d say, Winston always loved with an unconditional love. I can only hope and dream of ever loving so completely as he did those in his life. You will be missed, my Friend. Thank you for being such a blessing... If there’s a dog Heaven you’re there with treasures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't get to experience the pleasures of Winston. I have no doubt from what you have said, that you were a wonderful friend to him and he loved you immeasurably.
L.