Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Be Still, my Heart...

Dusk. The last vestige of sunlight slowly ebbing away. A cool, almost brisk breeze stirs through the playfully dancing flames of the firepot. Water tinkling softly from the fountains beside the deck. A humming bird flits through for a late evening snack. Beyond the tinkling water the aspens rustle in the tinest of breezes, a constant soothing whisper... The trees turning from dark green to black, casting a canopy of privacy...

Slowly the tension of the day slips away, and the dancing flames mesmerize my brain, my soul, until thought is no longer even necessary. Just being, being in the moment, soaking in the serenity, the tranquility... No thoughts, no words, just peace. A perfect time to "be still, and know I am God". Still, not just of body, but of mind, and emotion. Be still my heart and worship...

I am not worthy Father, of all the blessings you've lavished upon me. I've squandered much that I know now was precious. But I'm grateful that you.ve given me a heart to learn, and an active mind. Thank you for protecting me even as I failed you,thank you for teaching me to grow up, and not just grow old. Perhaps one day, Father, I will learn to be less relationally challenged, and you will bless me again, with a mate who will love me, even though I'm so flawed... One day- it's a good prayer...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The aspens have nothing on you. A constant soothing whisper...you are.
L.